A valve játékos linux alapú operációs rendszere
  • NEOreg3
    Vállalkozó kedvűeknek lentebb egy angol nyelvű leírás. Nekem a 15. pontig működött, utána valamiért sem a sudo nem fogadta el a jelszót, sem a guest additions iso-t nem ismerte fel és mivel nem vagyok linuxguru és már így is elbasztam vagy 3 órát erre az életemből, így töröltem az egészet.

"These are the steps I used to install steam os in virtual box. Your mileage may vary.

1. These instructions are written assuming that you downloaded SteamOSInstaller.zip

2. Extract SteamOSInstaller.zip to a folder named SteamOSInstaller.

3. Create an .iso of the folder. The tool you use to create the .iso must support joliet and rockridge extensions. The OP used IsoCreator 1.0, while I used cygwin. To create the ./iso I ran this command in cygwin: "genisoimage.exe -r -J -o steam.iso SteamOSInstaller" where SteamOSInstaller is the path to the folder where the installer was extracted to. This command should also work in linux.

4. Create a new debian 64bit virtual machine in virtual box. Make sure to select 64 bit.

5. In the virtual machine settings, under the "System" screen check the "Enable EFI" box.

6. Under "Storage" load the steam.iso that was created earlier.

7. Boot the machine. For me this takes me directly to the screen where you should select automated install. Select automated install and hit enter.

8. Wait until the installation is complete, then click "continue" to reboot.

9. A grub boot screen should appear once the machine is rebooted. Quickly select recovery mode before grub automatically continues. You should then be logged in as root.

10. Under the devices menu, select install guest additions.

11. Run the following commands (these steps are from http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamuniverse/discussions/0/648814395797000712/#c648814395802598466):
    "mkdir ~/vboxadds/"
    "mount /dev/disk/by-id/ata-[the vbox cdrom drive] ~/vboxadds/"
    "cd ~/vboxadds/"
    "./[the vbox additions binary].run"
    "reboot"

12. Allow the machine to reboot, then log in the gui as steam with the password steam.

13. Open a terminal and launch steam from the commandline. Allow steam to update, then login. After you are loged into steam, logout.

14. Log out of the desktop, then login again as the user desktop with the password desktop.

15. Open a terminal and run ~/post_logon.sh. The sudo password is desktop.

16. The system will then reboot and ask to create a recovery partition. Say yes and allow the process to complete. Once finshed select reboot on the menu that appears.

17. After rebooting I got stuck with a blank screen so I presed Ctrl+alt+f2 and logged in as desktop. I then had to reinstall guest additions, but this time sudo was required:
    "mkdir ~/vboxadds/"
    "sudo mount /dev/disk/by-id/ata-[the vbox cdrom drive] ~/vboxadds/"
    "cd ~/vboxadds/"
    "sudo ./[the vbox additions binary].run"
    "sudo reboot"

18. After this it should boot into big picture mode.

19. One last thing to take care of: If you were to shut down the VM instead of rebooting, then you will be dropped into a EFI terminal. To prevent this from happening, once you reach the EFI terminal do the following:
    "FS1:" (or FS0: if you dont have a cd mounted)
    "cd efi"
    "mkdir BOOT"
    "cp steamosgrubx64.efi BOOTBOOTX64.EFI"
    "cd BOOT"
    "BOOTX64.EFI"

After this it should always boot like normal."