Otherland
  • morzsi555
    A fejlesztőcég csődbe ment, a dolgozók nagyrészét kirugták.

"Hello everyone,

Unfortunately we have to confirm that the rumors are true and RealU, the developer of Otherland, has laid off most of its staff.

RealU is a subsidiary of German publisher dtp, which by itself is currently in insolvency, and gamigo had and has very limited influence on this decision. We are disappointed by this development and very sorry for the development team.

As for the Otherland game: we are still holding the exclusive publishing rights for Europe and North America and we are currently looking into opportunities to finish the title at another location.

Please understand that for legal reasons we are unable to comment further on this matter."

http://otherland.gamigo.com/forum/board1-english-forum/board8-otherland-discussion/board9-general-discussion/1191-real-u-closed-down/

"I can't comment on RealU's and their employees unpublished private matters. However, you can find publicly on many of their public twitter streams that most, if not all, have been laid off. If Otherland is to see a launch, it will almost definitely be in the hands of a new developer.

I can say however that gamigo is obviously in talks with many businesses to make this launch a reality. Aside from being personally invested in seeing the game launch, the company has also been very financially invested in it as well, therefore it's survival is a very high priority for us.

The moment something solidifies I will be updating our news outlets. Until then, I apologize for any "secrecy", but we can not publicly comment about non-solidified deals until they are completely signed and legal contracts exist."