Ezt most miért csinálja?
  • Antromorph
    Nem fogom most magyarul leírni, itt van amit az epoxnak fogok nemsokára elküldeni. Ebbe azért van más érdekesség is. Tessék elolvasni.

To Epox customer’s supports team

I have bought an Epox new type 8rda3+ Socket A based Nforce2 chipset motherboard in Hungary, which manufacture number is 030527 B00285. The follow components were built in this:

Processor: AMD 2500+ Barton core (effective 333 Fsb)
    Cooler: Globalwin CAK4-88T full copper (to Athlon XP 2800+)
    Memory: 512 MB capacity Samsung type PC 3200 DDR memory (effective 400Mhz)
    Graphic card: ATI Radeon 9700 with 128 MB videoram
    HDD: 40 Gigabyte capacity Maxtor HDD (7200RPM)
    Cdrom drives: Plextor cdwriter (48/24/48), Pioneer DVD 117
    Power Supply : DTK 400W PFC

I have expertly built in theese components to a DTK standard type ATX midi tower case.
    After system’s turning on I changed the ’Load Optimized Defaults’ and AGP fast writes option off (because ATI Radeon cards don’t like if it is on) in Bios and saved it before exit. Afterwards I installed MS Windows XP Professional OS, set-up all drivers to my hardware components, and have continually my system run 3dmark(3dmark2000,3dmark2001) test programs in default options. After some minutes I have experienced that the system frozed or halted and in this event the cold reset could help only. At first I have suspiciously thought the reason of theese symptoms could be the memory or videocard. I turned off my computer, and pluged out Power Supply from the connector.
    I have borrowed a 512MB capacity type PC3200 memory, and built in my system, but frozen again after some minutes (4 between 20 minutes) when 3d programs were running.
    Next step: changing for video card type Geforce2 Gts in stead of my Ati radeon (of course the ati drivers uninstalled correctly, and set-up nvidia detonator to the other ). Symptom was alive. Theese components were tested other system where operate normally.
    So failure searching was going on. I got two AMD Barton 2500+ processors to test in this system. I tried all of theese but the failure was same as beforehand. Sure my processor operates correctly. The failure could come from the mainbord, and I think so that the chipset can be heating under default operating, perhabs it caused the frozens. That’s why I have decided to change my processor front side bus 166Mhz to 133Mhz with default factor in Bios settings (the memory freqvency was assigned ’By SPD’ value as beforehand was), because consumption of chipsets must be lower if system operate in lower freqvency.
    After all the system has already been operating correctly in 3D application too for long time, so the failure has slided away.

I would have been expected not to be any problems with this mainboard, but it scaled to a high catagory range.
    I wonder what you suggest to me in connected with failure?