Egosoft X4
  • Jóózsf István #2630
    Játékostársunk visszajelzését idézném a béta fórumból:

SPOILER! Kattints ide a szöveg elolvasásához!

The new weapons bring some much needed variety into the game and with it the obvious balancing issues.
    First off: Kudos for the new gun effects, they all look and sound much better now.

Burst Ray: I'll start with this because I have the most concerns with this gun. While I'm a sucker for pulse lasers I feel that this can become a huge balancing issue once we start encountering NPCs with this weapon. It's a hitscan gun with shield penetration and this is in my opinion a very bad combination. This could potentially make piloting an S completely impossible due to the fact that no matter what you do, you will at some point get into 1-2km range of an enemy and it's pinpoint accurate so you WILL get hit without a chance to repair. Then there's the fact that it seemingly has a multiplier on turrets and ship modules. On my Pulsar Vanguard I needed one trigger pull with 6 hardpoints to kill an L turret without mods on my guns with the mk1 variant. That's crazy OP. 4 full bursts were needed to kill a capship major shield generator, you basically fly by a capship and have it disabled in 1-2minutes, it overheats way less than beams so you can disable a K completely with one S class Pulsar, no mods and one complete cooldown. Arming a squadron of small fighters with this can pretty much render any enemy capship useless. I recommend increasing the range of each weapon version by 1km, removing the shild penetration and giving it some spread to make it an alternative to the beams. Alternatively one could further reduce the range of the MK2 and slightly reduce the module damage but still keep it as a "module buster" while making the Mk1 more suited for general S to S combat without shield penetration.

Blast Mortar: Seems like a pretty solid weapon with heavy downsides and heavy upsides designed to be a space superiority weapons to kill an enemy before it kills you. And oh it's pretty good at blasting xenon out of space before they even get into engagement range. The very slow tracking makes it a good secondary gun for heavy damage, it's basically the firepower of an M ship for an S. Only thing that bothers is the high projectile speed, evading it would be a nightmare and as NPCs fly straight at you anyway and the fact that it has splash damage would make up for a projectile speed of maybe 5k m/s. Modded this could be the most powerful weapon an S can mount. I managed to take out 13 Xenon S to M before they finally took me down by swarming me. On a side note it strongly encourages the playstyle of 'reverski', meaning you can just spend all day flying in reverse and taking out enemies. The Splash damage feels a bit too strong against turrets that are close together, every turret seems to get the shield damage which is always distributed to the turret-shield generator pool, you can completely bust Capships that way from a safe distance of 5km because most turrets are next to their generator. 2x6 shots were enough to end 3 turrets + 1 generator.

Mass Driver: It's finally here. I really like the space railgun. You can take down maybe 1-2 ships before it mercilessly overheats on you but that's fine. NPC pilots seem to be completely unable to use it eficiently which is totally fine considering that 80km range is well... insane. I think 10-15 km is more than enough, but I can't say anything else against it. It seems to be fairly well balanced, making a pilot sacrifice all frontal diversity for one, perfect shot is pretty Ok in my book, please just donÄt give this gun to NPCs and please don't tell then how to use it.

Muon Charger This seems to be more of an anti M/capship weaopon with slow projectile speed and very low versatiliy. I found it useful in simply gunning down bigger targets at a distance. The charge did not to seem to improve the performace much, shooting quicklyi n succession seemed to do more damage. It could potentially replace the bolt repeater due to slightly higher projectile speed and again incredible range. I mean at 7km you could just completely destroy a capship wihout having it even shooting you! That's some pretty OP stuff

On a final Note: Weapon descriptions in the encyclopedia would be very helpful in terms of informing players about possible special properties of guns. The new weapons all seem damn powerful, especially considering how low capship turret ranges and turret tracking is. As a pilot I think it's OK to be able to take out a capship with wits, tactics and the right tools, however some of the abovementioned guns do seem to make NPC fighters even more useful against the big ships. I'm interested in seeing the final results. I have not yet tried to mod any of these guns simply because the material drops for weapon mods (high energy catalyst) were almost nonexistant in my game, I had to plough through hordes of enemies to even get 6 guns modded with a tier 1 mod. Seeing how well they perfrom without mods, they could be gamebreakingly strong with them, it was a good decision to limit mortars and Burst Rays to S. It would be great if the High Energy Catalyst drops would increase, especially from Capships. Weapon mods consume them ost materials because unlike one per ship, you have up to 5+2 turrets on an M, much more for the Big Ships. As weapon chambers etc. Don't consume, it's the catalysts that are needed most.

Utoljára szerkesztette: Jóózsf István, 2019.12.07. 06:34:03